31-July-08

Along with Aravind Adiga and Michelle de Kretser, Steve Toltz has been longlisted for the Man Booker. The Guardian blogs weigh in: Shock of the new and Let the arguments commence.
It's a pity Toltz isn't coming to next month's Melbourne Writers' Festival. I'll look at more events soon but for now, here are some of the events I'm involved in at this year's festival:
Chekhov's Children – with Hannah Tinti, Emily Perkins and John Clanchy, and me as chair. As you may have surmised from the title, we'll be talking about short stories, in the BMW Edge on the 28th of August from 1pm.
A Reading Life – with Robert Drewe and Anita Heiss, and me as chair. Rob and Anita will be talking about what books created them, what they love to read, in the BMW Edge on the 31st of August at 2.30pm.
Saturday Night Readings: Creative Writers. I'm MC'ing this celebration of creative writing classes at RMIT. Featuring Cathy Cole, Alexis Wright, Jeff Sparrow, Ellie Nielsen and Kevin Rabalais. 5.45pm on the 23rd of August in ACMI 2.

2 comments:

LiteraryMinded said...

I'll have to make sure I get to one of your events - we'll be taking turns at popping down from the office, but the evening one I should be able to. I'm a Robert Drewe fan so I'll try get there too!
LM

Louise Swinn said...

see you there undoubtedly. i'll be propping up a bar somewhere.