1-August-08

Salute: Jo Case

Jo is books editor of the Big Issue, editor of the Readings magazine, the book reviewer at Triple R FM, and a freelance reviewer.

A book Jo has strongly recommended that I still haven't read: Darkmans by Nicola Barker

What amazes me about Jo: her enthusiasm for books. She's a real book lover. She reads numerous books a month but manages to avoid becoming cynical and tired of them. She has energy and passion, not just for books but also for their authors, and enough enthusiasm left over to engage with readers, critics and writers; and she is interested in developing new reviewing talent. Her book passion is infectious.

Sample of her work: review of Emily Perkins' Novel About My WifeThe Age

6 comments:

LiteraryMinded said...

Jo is one of our Bookseller+Publisher reviewers too - go Jo!
LM

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! What a very nice thing to stumble upon. Perfect occasion to de-lurk. (And thanks and hello, LM.) You've absolutely made my day. And coming from you ... I'm constantly amazed at your energy and bookmunching abilities. I'm off to just generally be chuffed, now.

Louise Swinn said...

I realised i left off about half of the many pots you have fingers in, Jo!

Anonymous said...

It's a day for de-lurking. And Jo is the perfect motivation.

I'm gobsmacked by Jo's enthusiasm and generosity, and I'd like to add my upturned hand to this salute.

Thanks, Jo.

Louise Swinn said...

Damon! You are the one who wrote that terrific article. Thanks for de-lurking to sing Jo's praises, and thanks for that article.

Anonymous said...

No worries.

And I should say: this blog is a wonderful antidote to distraction. It replaces listless trawling with well-chosen, intriguing cherry-pickings.

So, thank you right back.