24-July-08

1. Independent publishers Wilkins Farago are bringing out a Janet Frame in September
2. New York Times: I'm YA, and I'm OK
3. The folks at the Byron Bay Writers' Festival are gearing up now, and their programme looks impressive
4. Mark Sarvas is coming to this year's Melbourne Writers' Festival (disclaimer: I am on the programming committee). He blogs at The Elegant Variation. I am currently reading an author's backlist for a review so it's no surprise that I find this blog about book reviewing interesting.
5. If you pray, pray for poet Geoff Goodfellow's speedy recovery. If you have other methods, use them. Whatever it takes. This is Grace Goodfellow at his benefit gig. She is a writer and a singer, and she is very talented.
6. Here is the Australian's Double Take on both Grace and Geoff.

No comments: