Last post

I'm saying goodbye and thank you for reading and commenting. If you don't already have these links, here are some super places to spend your lunchtimes (there are too many to include here so I will miss some excellent ones, for which I apologise; and I know that there are exciting new sites being set up all the time so feel free to add them):
The New York Times Book Review
The New Yorker's Book Bench
Book Covers
Harper's Wyatt Mason's Sentences
The Complete Review's Literary Saloon
New York magazine Books
Media Bistro's Galleycat
Guardian Book News
Tiggy Johnson's blog: Words in Progress
Time Out New York Books
The New York Times Paper Cuts blog
ABC Radio National's Book Show
Angela Meyer's blog: Literary Minded
Genevieve Tucker's blog: Reeling and writhing
Mark Sarvas's blog: The Elegant Variation

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for running this wonderful blog for these months. It has been so great to read, and so much fun.
Good luck, and cheers for the links.

Anonymous said...

So sad you're winding it up Lou. Thanks for sharing your excitement.
xx

genevieve said...

OH damn. And many thanks for sharing great articles and newsy bits, Louise. (And thanks for the link, too.)

Anonymous said...

I'll let Sean Connery speak for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPQlerYtk6A

LiteraryMinded said...

Thanks for all the great links Louise. Good luck with everything xo
Angela

Louise Swinn said...

Thanks guys. And here's a new blog worth having a gander, from the eds at Allen and Unwin:
http://alienonion.blogspot.com/

And the new Heat site: http://giramondopublishing.com/heat/

Anonymous said...

Ohhh ... I loved this blog. And found it so incredibly useful, too. Thanks for all the links - some here that I wasn't aware of that look intriguing. I guess I know (maybe?) why you've retired though - I was thinking the other day what a lot of work keeping this up must be and what a great job you've done to keep it so up-to-date and interesting. (I know I lost interest in my litblog experiement almost as soon as I started it, just for lack of time, and now I'm kind of embarassed by it because it's so token and neglected.) It's been fun ...

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Now I have to work really hard to find all these things by myself! Thank you so much Lou, i've loved the blog. It's even stored in my favourites in a folder entitled 'cool blogs'. Predictably it also contains Jo's, Angela's and Damon'd blogs too... Stay in touch Lou.

Susan Johnson said...

Oh, Louise! Just heard from Damon Young that you have shut down...
What a very great pity -- your blog lead me to all sorts of wonderful things..
And also I will be forever in your debt for such a grand review...a writer can live a long time without ever getting a review like that one.
And, the best thing, we had never even met each other! Hands-off reviewing, no old-mates club, no Oz-style literary mafia -- just a very great blessing for one grateful writer.

Susan Johnson said...

and that should be 'led' me..ahem