2- September-08

1. Anya Ulinich was lovely and funny
4. The new Meanjin is sensational (and a new website is on its way, but checkout the cover here)
5. Dear Henry: a little bit of mentoring on how the world works by Catherine Deveny: raises some excellent points about free versus paid work
6. The new Overland: packed full of goodies
7. Anita Heiss reminded me of the existence of Trixie Beldens
8. Which, in turn, reminded me of Sweet Valley Highs, with a world about as far from my high school in England as you could get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the new Meanjin is excellent: looks good, reads even better. I miss Ian at the helm, but I'm very impressed with Sophie's direction. (I've a couple of pieces in the next one, and I'm excited to see how they look.)

Deveny's article was fantastic. And good on her for giving her dosh to charity. I'm trying to raise money for Burma, and it's bloody hard. (Give $30, get a poem. Give more, get...a poem.)