17-June-08

1. Tin House: Helen Shulman's 'Parents Night' – 'We were at a cocktail party for incoming parents at our daughter's school when I spied my ex-husband amid a sea of ophthalmologic surgeons and hedge fund guys. He was wearing handmade Italian loafers. How could this be? My ex was a bum.
Mike and I, we'd met in a bar in rural Oregon but spent most of our time together fighting, having sex, and doing drugs. None of that has anything to do with who I am now – it's ancient history! I work in a Chelsea art gallery. I wear good boots and short skirts. I am married to an arbitrageur of French descent. Armand. His name sounds like what he is, jewelry you can wear.'
2. Writer Anna Krien
5. Zoetrope All-Story: 'Notes on Design' by Mike Mills (not of REM fame)
6. Toni Jordan's Addition: also picked for the Richard and Judy list
7. The new Cutwater anthology for all writers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anna Krien is amazing! She is a Vignette favourite for sure.